Monday, October 8, 2012

..don't mess with mama bear's cub..

 
Last week felt like it went by so fast and here we are starting another new week a week into October already. If your friends with me on facebook, you saw  my post about Thomas getting hurt at school and it was not reported. Thomas has a bleeding disorder, a hit to the head could be very serious for him and he is not responsive to the medication they would usually give which means he would need a blood transfusion. When Thomas got home Thursday evening I noticed he had a mark on his face after checking him out I realized his whole left side of his face was bruised he had a fist like bruise on his neck and his eye was a bit swollen, when I pulled his lids down to check he had some blood in his eye. I was pissed to say the least. Thomas told me two boys pushed him down and really hurt him. When I asked him what happened he could not tell me, in fact when he got home he did not tell me anything hurt because verbally he does not always have those skills. I have to be very on it and watch because all three of my kids do not lay down or say they are sick when they are, they "behave badly". Kids on the spectrum often do not process things the same way as typical kids and especially with sensory issues. Anyways the school system never called and in fact they are pretty much denying this happened at school in so many ways. We ended up at the E.R. for a head CT because Thomas could not communicate or explain how hard he got hit in his head -sad they won't give him an aide. Thomas could have had a brain bleed for hours not only because he has safety awareness issues along with communication but how about how he expresses pain differently. I plan to pursue things to the best possible outcome for Thomas. I am no where near started on getting this taken care of.
 
We have a busy week. Monday Thomas has a hearing test, because he has been having issues hearing issues. Tuesday Thomas follows up for his head injury from school and Jeremiah is seen by his psychiatrist. Wednesday Malcolm has back to back therapies and we come home for in home for the big boys. Thursday I have to follow up with endo for my PCOS. Friday Malcolm has his MRI and ABR at UVA. I appreciate all prayers as this week with be a hard transition for everyone but especially Thomas. I know Friday we will not know any results except for the ABR. I am praying for peace of mind and in my heart.
 
I began to write this Sunday night 10/7 and it is now 10/8 Monday night. The verdict is in Thomas has not lost any hearingfrom his ear drum issues, Thank GOD! Also she tested Jeremiah because he had some concerns and he is okay as well, thank GOD! God is good, not just today but all the time for I know all my trials are what I am suppose to go through for a reason. One day everything will be clear as a bell but for n ow I will smile anyways<3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment