Monday, October 1, 2012

Hey =]

           
 


 
 
So.. I have been asked a lot why don't I do a blog? The short answer is this : My life is crazy busy and I am always super tired taking care of my boys and LIFE but I have been wanting too, badly. I think it's important to follow your heart and this is one of those things. I want to be able to share the good the bad and the ugly. My life is not always a bowl of cherries or good cereal for that matter but it's mine and for that I am blessed.
 
My name is Stephanie, but I like to be called Steph most of the time. I am about to turn 26 years old. I am married to my high school boyfriend, Matt we have been together since I was 15. We have been married since 2006. We have three little boys Thomas almost six, Jeremiah four and a half and Malcolm who will be two come December.
 
We live in a small town in Virginia. We all live with my mom, because things are kind of hard with just to of us. You see, our boys aren't typical, in fact they really require a lot of extra help. Thomas has Autism/ODD/OCD and sensory integration, among many other health issues. Jeremiah has Autism/OCD and sensory integration, problems with his skin and eyes among other health issues and Sweet "Baby Malcolm" has Auditory Neuropathy, sensory integration and other health issues. We do not know at this time if he too will fall onto the spectrum for sure. My life is ... hard, beautiful, informative, emotional, sad, happy and a total roller coaster ride but I can tell you this is MY life and I wouldn not change what God gave me for anything.
 


Thomas 11/28/06



Jeremiah 05/17/08

Malcolm 12/10/10
 
A recent picture August 2012  
 

Here is some basic info of some of these things I mentioned:
 
 
I plan to blog about things that have worked, bad days, good days, how Autism effects my life and marriage, how it has changed who I am as a person. I plan to for this to be a safe venting place and an informative place for other parents struggling with a diagnoses or evaluation.
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

4 comments:

  1. reading your blog and not know exactly what you go through on a day to day basis i really do apploud you as a mom. your a very strong person and your boys are very blessed to have a mom like you to be by their side to help ,guide and support them. you make sure they have all the help and medical support available to them and on the days where it seems to be the worst of all other days just remember those boys love you very much and your a great mom. im very blessed that i have two healthy children and im truely blessed to have heard your story and to know such a great person like you. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you so much!! I remind myself that someone always has it worse then me, and someone worse then them and so on daily. No matter how hard it is they are still blessings!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading this Steph! You're such an amazing Momma!! And those boys...well, they are phenomenal. I love them to pieces, and I know they are going to do great things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks Rachel! Your amazing as well :]

    ReplyDelete